It’s long been our life saver for bad hair days or for a super speedy style, but once again the ponytail seems to be a favourite amongst the celebrities since it appeared on the spring/summer catwalks back in the autumn.
Perhaps it is because it is so versatile: from the easy elegance of Charlize Theron’s style to the poker straight bright blue pony of Katy Perry, but the ponytail is certainly one of this season’s hottest hairstyles.
With 85% of you opting for mid to Rapunzel length style this season, the ponytail is the perfect go to style to be on trend this spring. So here are some of Goody’s top tips to create your very own take on the ponytail.
- Make sure that you choose a parting that is flattering to your face shape. The centre parting can be difficult to carry off and can look particular severe if you don’t have a fringe, so opt for a side parting or sweep back without a parting for the most versatile look.
- For a voluminous look, build movement with your favourite texturizing spray and tease the hair with a Goody Lift Comb before pulling the hair into the pony.
- Choose a style on the side, low at the nape of the neck or high on top to create variation to your ponytail.
- There are so many options to choose from to secure your style other than the humble elastic. Secure with a Goody Simple Style Pony Pouf to get a fabulously perky pony; opt for a Colour Collection elastic to blend with your own hair; try a bright coloured Ouchless elastic to get your Katy Perry on; or secure at the nape of the neck with a Goody Classic Barrette for easy elegance. The choice really is yours.
- And finally for a pony on the go, and to avoid the age old habit of putting a hair elastic on the wrist, don’t forget to stack Goody DoubleWear elastics on your wrist instead. They easily disguise themselves as on trend bracelets, and will make sure you can join this season’s ponytail parade wherever and whenever you like.
So the question is, how will you wear yours? ….