The key trend of the 1940’s is back, with a twist (quite literally!) Already spotted on the likes of Diane Kruger, Kate Bosworth and non other than style queen Whitney Port, this is set to be one of the hottest looks of the season.
The vintage twisted style brings a sense of wartime nostalgia whilst adding a new element of modern fun to the traditional updo. And it’s flattering too! Wear it in either a center/side parting depending on your mood….we think side parted, Kate Bosworth style is truly elegant.
Get the look with Goody:
- Center/side part hair using a Goody tail comb
- Separate a small section from the front of one side of the hair
- Start to twist the sectioned hair back around the head picking up more hair from the bottom of the head as you move along
- Secure at the nape of the neck with a Goody bobby pin in the same colour as your hair
- Follow the same steps for the other side of your parting until both twists meet at the nape of the neck
- Tuck the second twist in behind the first and secure your style with Goody bobby pins
The key to achieving this look is not to try too hard. Loose tendrils of hair help add to the soft sophistication of the trend.