August 26th, 2011
The key trend of the 1940’s is back, with a twist (quite literally!) Already spotted on the likes of Diane Kruger, Kate Bosworth and non other than style queen Whitney Port, this is set to be one of the hottest looks of the season.
The vintage twisted style brings a sense of wartime nostalgia whilst adding a new element of modern fun to the traditional updo. And it’s flattering too! Wear it in either a center/side parting depending on your mood….we think side parted, Kate Bosworth style is truly elegant.
Get the look with Goody:
- Center/side part hair using a Goody tail comb
- Separate a small section from the front of one side of the hair
- Start to twist the sectioned hair back around the head picking up more hair from the bottom of the head as you move along
- Secure at the nape of the neck with a Goody bobby pin in the same colour as your hair
- Follow the same steps for the other side of your parting until both twists meet at the nape of the neck
- Tuck the second twist in behind the first and secure your style with Goody bobby pins
The key to achieving this look is not to try too hard. Loose tendrils of hair help add to the soft sophistication of the trend.
August 19th, 2011
It has recently been revealed that pop princess Rihanna spends a whopping £14,000 a week on her hair. Yes, you read correctly A WEEK! Since November 2010, Rihanna has changed her hairstyle 13 times going from quirky red ringlets to messed up mohawks, pioneering hair trends for much of 2011.
For those of us less willing to splash the cash, Goody will have your do looking just as glam as Ri Ri…without the huge price tag. Turn to our Small Self Holding Rollers for that mop of tight curls, or use the Simple Styles Modern Up Do Pin to get her uptown girl style pleat. Our favourite look? Cute curls tumbling over a headband; try the Girls FashioNow Crochet Headwraps for the ultimate in Rihanna-esque fun.
Lucky London based Rihanna fans can catch her this Friday 19th August at House Of Fraser Oxford Street, where she will be launching her very first fragrance, Reb’l Fleur. We can wait to see what hairstyle she’ll be sporting…our guess is an fabulous and fearless one!
August 15th, 2011
Rainbow hair first hit the headlines at the beginning of 2011, when trend-setters everywhere began dip dying their tips in bright, playful colours. UK style princess Alexa Chung lead the trend this side of the pond, and stateside we watched as stars Olivia Palermo, Lauren Conrad & Rachel Bilson followed suit. Many were keen to be seen coveting the look, and as a result, women flocked to their stylists to recreate their favourite celebrity style. For those not so brave, many sought to cheat the look by picking up playful coloured extentions in blue and pink. Critics labeled the the trend as a passing “fad”; a look that would only see it’s “five minutes of fame”. However, in a bid to prove the critics wrong, it seems the look has stuck around. Sienna Miller is the latest star to jump on the rainbow tressed trend. The actress was spotted just this week, rocking newly dyed peachy-pink hair; a welcome update to her golden messy mane. Sienna joins Kate Bosworth & Jessie J in the latest gang of A-listers embracing a daring new hue.
If you’re thinking of joining the new colour crew, you better be quick, because come winter those crazy colours may be long forgotten. What’s next? We’ll let you know in our next post!
August 8th, 2011
The topknot has ruled for too long and there’s a new up-do ready to steal its crown….welcome “the catwalk ponytail”. As a flurry of models walked the fashion week shows sporting bouncy, immaculate ponytails, Autumn/Winter 11’s hottest hairstyle was born. Dubbed as the must-have style for Autumn, this perfectly groomed pony had already secured its place in the pages of our favourite glossy mags. However, in a bid to be ahead of the fashion pack, celebs everywhere have caught on to Autumn’s hottest trend before the Summer sun has even set! Cue the rise of the catwalk ponytail.
The Autumn/Winter pony is a contradiction of it’s summery predecessors. After a season of casual curls and tousled tresses, the catwalk pony is here to bring back a touch of girly sophistication. Already seen on celebs from Kim Kardashian to Emma Roberts, this feminine, flirty style is both on trend and flattering. The trick to mastering the look is the tools you use to create it. Follow these three simple steps to create the ultimate catwalk ponytail with Goody:
- Blow dry hair using the Start, Style, Finish Ouchless Hot Round Brush. This will ensure that the lengths of the hair swing with luxurious quality, adding to the expensive look of the style
- Slick hair back into a high ponytail at the crown of the head using the Boar Blends Smoothing Brush. Secure your pony with a Goody StayPut Elastic, these elastics will keep your new trend led style in place all day
- Finally wrap a thin piece of hair around the elastic adding a final touch of quality to the look