If you’re anything like us here at Goody, then you’ll be dying to know what Autumn/Winter has got in store for us in terms of hair trends! We’ve already had a sneak peak of what’s hot and what’s not for the coming year, and as your Fairy Goody-mother, we couldn’t resist giving you a quick rundown of what’s to come so that you can get practising!
The bun has always been a fave for off-duty Hollywood stars wanting to look fab, and celebs such as Cameron Diaz and Kirsten Dunst have got the ‘subtly glam’ style down to a tee. As one of the top upcoming trends, here’s how you can get the look:
- Pull your hair back into a pony tail
- Twist your hair and spin it into a bun shape
- Starting at the base of the bun screw a Spin Pin into the bun and do the same at the top to secure the style
- Then for a slightly more casual look, loosen the front of your hair by running your fingers through it
- For extra ‘Wow’ factor add a Goody Headband to complete your style.
For those of you with shorter hair, the Pompadour provides the equally ‘perfectly imperfect’ style. Why not follow in the footsteps of Rihanna and Pink and try this edgy, rock chick look for yourself? This style has also been all over the catwalks this season and if it’s good enough for Miu Miu…
- First, dampen your hair slightly
- Then rub a small amount of pomade into your palms and slick back the sides of your hair using your fingertips
- With the rest of the pomade, starting at the back and moving to the front, work it into the hair at the top of your head
- Using a Goody Small Pocket Comb (£0.69), brush the hair on the side of your head backwards so it’s slicked down, tight to the scalp
- Next, comb your hair diagonally to one side while lifting it up with the comb to create the height of your Pompadour style. At the end, ‘flick’ your wrist to let a few hairs curl down over your forehead.
Volume is an absolute must for the next season! Just look to the likes of Cheryl Cole for clarification on this one. We often think Cheryl’s motto is the bigger the better, and was we all know when Cheryl does something the rest of the world follows suit. So to create a fun, volume packed look perfect for a night on the tiles simply:
- Use a Goody Ouchless Detangle comb (£3.49) on damp hair to free it of knots.
- Roughly dry the hair using a hairdryer and when it is 80% dry use a Goody Ionic Hot Round Brush (£11.99) to give the hair volume.
- Take 2 inch sections of the hair and wrap it around the barrel of the brush.
- Direct the flow of the hairdryer down the hair shaft and pay particular attention to the roots to give hair an extra lift.
Romantic curls have been one of the hottest styles during the past year, and you’ll be pleased to hear that all of your practice won’t be going to waste as this trend is set to continue. For those of you have not yet mastered the look don’t worry, practice makes perfect and Goody has a fab Start, Style and Finish range to help make it even easier! To achieve the look simply:
- Wash and gently towel dry your hair
- Then use your hairdryer and the Goody Ouchless Quick Dry Brush to get your hair 80% dry
- Next, take 2-3 inch sections of your hair and gently wrap them around the Goody So Smooth Ceramic Round Brush (£7.99) one at a time, winding them in towards the roots and making sure to direct the flow of the hairdryer down the hair follicle to avoid frizz
- When the brush has reached the root of your hair, begin to slowly move the brush away from your head. You’ll see large barrel curls beginning to form
- Once you’ve removed the excess moisture, carry on blow drying your hair with the same technique but use the cold setting on your hairdryer to set the style
When it comes to Friday’s we are always looking for a style which is professional enough to wear to work, yet sophisticated enough to wear to out afterwards. Angelina’s recent red carpet chignon knot is the perfect choice, and if Angelina’s wearing it you can sure it will be big! To create the look simply:
- Gather the hair at the base of your neck and twist into a bun shape.
- Insert Goody’s Modern Up-do into the bottom of the bun.
- Lift the pin upwards and then press downwards to create the chic look.
Now you’ve got the lowdown on the looks we’ll all be sporting over the coming months it’s time to get playing and practising. And if you’ve got any thoughts on your ‘do for the New Year, make sure you share them with the rest of us Goody girls!